Sunday, October 18, 2020

Halloween Treats

 Welcome back to my blog!  I hope you are having a good weekend.  Here in PA the weather has been great!  We had frost last night but the daytime is nice and warm still.  My friend sent me a package in the mail last week and it sure came in handy.  It was SU's Paper Pumpkin for October.  It was full of Halloween treat goodies.  Jennifer had asked me if I would make her some treats for the goodie bags for her birthday party.  I used to get the Paper Pumpkin years ago - I think they have come a long way!  It didn't take too long to put these goodies together.

I just had to punch out the treats, glue them together and then decorate them.  They had a lot of decorations including the stamps, dimensionals and even the twine.


Here is a close up of the individual treats.


Here is a picture of Jennifer and I making our Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.


They turned out so good!  Joe is ready for me to make some more!  If you are interested here is the recipe that I got from The Farmstand:

Mix -
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Add -
2 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Mix

Then add -
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup pure pumpkin

Fill muffin pan (makes 18) 3/4 full and top with the Streusel Mix
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick melted butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes and then lower the temperature to 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

If you want to glaze them:
1 cup powder sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla or maple syrup
 
You can tell baking season is upon us.  All Jennifer wants to do it cook and Joe wants to eat!!  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

'Tis the season for pumpkin muffins and adorable decorated treats! I love pumpkin muffins and this sounds like a good recipe. They should freeze well, too. Thanks for sharing! You and Jennifer look so happy together, working away at your muffins. It was nice of your friend to send you such a fun package!

dellgirl said...

Oh what fun, making Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with Jennifer. These are the best of times. Life doesn't get any better than times like this. Thanks for sharing the inspiration, just the thing to end my night.

Wishing you well! Stay Safe, my friend!

Denise said...

Adorable treats of course but the star of the day are those pumpkin muffins! They sure sound delicious. And you couldn't have had a better helper! So cute.

mamawcindy said...

Love your Halloween Treats and love the picture. Your recipe looks so yummy. I'm going to have to give it a try. My daughter makes something like it. But not sure if it's the same. Going to find out.
I have shared a recipe on my blog that you might like.
Thanks for posting about the hope and miracles happen everyday. My niece is in the Hospital with Liver Cancer and they can't get her pain under control. Please say a prayer for her. We are all praying for a miracle.
cindys-greencricut

Sakuranko said...

Ohso cute idea darling
xx

Tanza Erlambang said...

muffin is one of my favorite.... I'll try to make its based on your recipe.
Thank you for sharing.....

Have a wonderful day