Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Valentine Goodie Cups

Well, I'm looking out my window watching the snow/rain come down turning to ice and wishing it would get warmer but no such luck.  The roads are terrible!  I just texted my daughter that maybe she should stay at the hospital tonight inside of driving home.  It is a real mess outside. 

Today I wanted to post the goodie cups I made for the Wellness Center.  I had ordered these adorable cups/lids last year when I made them for Halloween.  As you know, one of my resolutions is to use up extra craft items so I decided to make some Valentine  goodies with the remaining cups.  They are 4 oz. and I ordered them online from the Restaurant store.  They come in large quantities, but now I'm down to a handful.  I had made a template and kept it which was nice, so all I had to do was start tracing and cutting from DSP.  Some people use tear and tape to adhere the DSP on the cups but I prefer my tombow glue as it gives me some time to reposition it if I have to.  The template is not perfect as each cup can vary in size a bit but it comes pretty close.


Here is the first bunch I made.  I also used some Washi tape and decorated the rim of the lid.  I love that Washi tape is so flexible.  I didn't get too fancy with them by adding hearts, etc. as I made a lot but decided to use up some Popsicle sticks I had in my stash and add some sticky hearts on the end.


I think they dressed the cups up and gave them a cute Valentine look.  I put in some mini candy bars and some kisses and they fit perfectly.


These cups also used up some of my DSP that I had lying around.  I think they turned out really cute!


This is one of the trays I used so it will be easier for my daughter to carry them to the Center.  Again, I urge crafters out there to contact their local Senior Centers, Wellness Centers, Nursing Homes, etc., and make some goodies.  They always look forward to these little surprises and are so appreciative.


Well, I hope everyone has some exciting plans for Valentine's Day.  We are all suppose to meet for dinner over in NJ with Jennifer and her Mom, so I hope this nasty weather clears up.  Everyone in the Pansy Patch hopes you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day no matter what your plans.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely cups...
have a great day

Zaa said...

Your creativity is wonderful... and what a lovely idea of recyiing and making the day special for those at the Wellness Centre... Heaven knows that we all have lots of extra items around the house to get creative with ... so thanks for the inspiration... Have a Happy Valentine’s Day

Leslie Miller said...

Good for you making an effort to use up supplies, and they're so cute you could make them up for any holiday. Really adorable! I would NOT want to be out driving in that weather! I hope your daughter stayed safe.

mamawcindy said...

Loving you Valentine Cups. How creative, So sweet of you to make them, they are going to love them. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day!
cindys-greencricut