Thursday, February 21, 2019

Party Pandas St. Patrick's Day Card

Well, we survived the snow and ice storms this week.  Not much snow but a lot of ice which is melting away today!!  It is suppose to be in the high 50"s - crazy weather.  I'm back with another card using the Party Pandas.  I love this adorable set.  I saw this card on Pinterest and decided to make it using what I had on my stash.  That's what makes CASing so much fun.  You can make the card with the goodies you have on hand.


My CS for this card was Lemon-Lime Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White and DSP from Basic Grey.  My measurements for the Basic Black layer is 5" x 3 3/4".  My layer for my DSP is 3 1/4" x 4 1/2", the Basic Black frame layer is 4" x 2 3/4" and the Whisper White layer is 3 3/4" x 2 1/2".


I used my Stamparatus to stamp my image just in case I needed to stamp it twice but it turned out great the first time.  I didn't ink up the balloon in the stamp image.  I stamped the image again on the DSP scraps and then cut out the pants.  I know I have a small die for the shamrock but it is still evading me.  It's somewhere - does anyone else have that problem??  My plan was to use the die on my DSP but instead I found some shamrock stickers in my stash and used them for the balloons.  I also used some green rhinestones for the Pandas eyes.


I did find my St. Patrick's Day stamp with the poem.  I've had this stamp for years.  It is from Inkakinkado.  Then I used some glitter stickers on the inside sentiment.  I always feel like St. Patrick's Day and Thanksgiving Day get overlooked by the other holidays.  Since my Mom was part Irish we always celebrated St. Patrick's Day when I was a kid, and I continued to do so with the traditional corn beef and cabbage.  We used to go to the parade as well but with my MS it's too much now, so we watch on TV.  Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, it's so cute that he's got the paper pieced britches! This darling panda is good for just about anything. Love that he's holding the shamrock. The verse inside is just wonderful, too. Glad you're back to warmer weather. Crazy, for sure!

Tanza Erlambang said...

cute little panda....attractive...