Monday, June 4, 2018

Father's Day Card

I have been trying to do some challenges lately, so I made this card for one that required that you use 3 different washi tapes.  The only problem is that I missed the deadline!!  Oh well, at least I have started on making some Father's Day cards.  These cards were so easy to make.  I used SU's Crumb Cake for my base card and Calypso Coral for my next layer.  For my 3rd layer, I used Whisper White and just angled the different color washi tapes on the bottom.


I used my large letter dies to cut the letters DAD and adhered on some flowers I had with a little heart for the center.


For my sentiment, I used an old $1 Michael's stamp and added some washi tape on the bottom.


The hardest thing about these cards were picking out the colors to use!!  I guess the weather can't make up it mind.  One day I have the air on and then the next the heat!!  But at least our vegetable garden is going along!    I'll be back later in the week with some more cards.  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Challenges are fun, but unless they'r at least two weeks I can never be on time with them as I'm always working ahead and posting later. However, this one helped you get some cards done and put your Washi tape to work. Love that heart in the flower center. A nice design for these cards!

PJ said...

Oh my friend, so sorry you missed the challenge.. Your card is perfect and would have won for sure. I love how you used the washi tape in the corner like that, and carried a bit through on the inside too. We are having the same issue here with weather.. record breaking heat in May and then record breaking cold in June. It's like flip a coin to see what we put on today. the heat or the a/c. Have you been getting email notifications of your comments to your blog? I'm just curious because mine stopped working.. Always something with blogger and me. UGH!