Friday, July 21, 2017

Sympathy Card

This week has gone bye so fast - I can't believe it's Friday already!!  I know I always say that, but think the summer is half over!!  I wasn't sure what I was going to post this week, and then I remembered that I hadn't posted this card.  It is another sympathy card I had made for my daughter to give to my friend Pat's family.


It is very clean and simple, but I liked it.  I used my favorite CS Sweet Sugarplum for the basic card.  I can't seem to put that paper down.  I layered it with a layer of Whisper White, which I had embossed with these little birds.  I have had this folder for a long time and haven't used it much.


I tied some Sweet Sugarplum ribbon around it and stamped my sentiment in Basic Black using the Better Together Stamp set from SU.



For my sentiment on the inside of the card, I used the Stamp set Rose Wonder.  I'm so excited.  My stamping friend from Florida is up and we are going to start getting together and do some stamping.  I like to stamp, but it is so much nicer when you have someone who enjoys the same hobby to do it together.  She likes to work on her Xmas cards when she is up, so maybe this will be an incentive for me to make some.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love that embossing folder, which I do have and now you've shown me the perfect idea for it. What beautiful cards. Enjoy stamping with your friend. I hope you can get some Christmas cards done. You'll be glad you did!

PJ said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card. I love how you used the embossing folder on the top and left room on the bottom for the sentiment. I'm going to have to try that.