Thursday, July 13, 2017

Get Well Soon Card

While unpacking my boxes and getting my craft room set up again, I came across this SU stamp called Get Well Soup that I had purchased and never used - Yikes!!  So I put it on my list of stamps to use and here is the outcome.


I really liked how it turned out.  I used Powder Pink CS for my base card, and I used my heart embossing folder for my layer of Whisper White.  My image was stamped on a piece of Whisper White 4 x 3 and the other two layers of Crumb Cake and Powder Pink were cut at 4 1/2 x 3.  Then I just randomly placed them together.


I used Basic Black ink for stamping and found some ribbon that was pretty close to the Powder Pink CS for my bow.  I have sworn off buying any ribbon until I use up what I have - which is proving very difficult.  I have to find a better way to store my ribbons so I can see what I have.  My sentiment for the inside of my card came from SU's Pretty Kitty.  I love that stamp set.


We had a great weekend.  The family took Jennifer to a local zoo and we had a wonderful time.  She loved the penguin's swimming around.  I think she was jealous of them in the water as it turned out to be a hot day, but we were blessed with a nice breeze.  We have another busy weekend coming up so I thought I would post this a bit earlier than I normally do.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I absolutely love the stamp! The pink and Crumb Cake look pretty together, too, and the heart embossing in the background. I haven't looked at an SU catalog for ages so that particular pink is unfamiliar to me. Pretty! I have so much stuff to use up. Good luck with that ribbon!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty embossing, the pretty colors and great design!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
Have a great day.
Gerda.
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

PJ said...

Your card is delightful. I love how your layered it so well. That is a great stamp. Oh boy.. I'll be searching for that on ebay probably. I love going to the zoo, it's been a challenge since my surgery.. but we did manage last year so that made my whole summer. Hope you have a lovely weekend.