Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Card

I saw this card on Pinterest and decided to make it for Mother's Day.  In its original design it was a birthday card which makes it so versatile.


Recipe:

Stamp - Mixed Bunch - SU, Michaels Sentiment Stamps
Ink - Old Olive, Melon Mambo - SU
Paper - Whisper White - SU
Accessories - Embossing Folder - Vintage Wallpaper, Blossom Punch
Embellishments - In Color Boutique Details, Strawberry Slush Stretch Trim, Green Sewing Trim

This is an A2 size card with a layer of Whisper White 4" x 4" that I embossed with my folder.  I then adhered my trim around the bottom.  This is a great card to use up old trims, ribbons, etc.  I stamped my image on Whisper White as well and punched it out with my Blossom Punch.  Before I popped it up on the layer, I secured some trim behind it as well as placed my colored detail.  I also popped up my layer and then stamped my sentiment on the bottom and the card was done.  My Happy Mother's Day sentiment was stamped on the inside.  I made a bunch of these in different colors and left some plain for future use.

Everyone in the Pansy Patch would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all those Moms out there....and a special wish for my daughter Jeannie on her first Mother's Day!!  She and Jennifer came to visit yesterday and we had a great time!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah






1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

They are such pretty little cards! My goodness, I love the flower and the embossing. I haven't noticed those in the catalog, but I haven't looked at it a whole lot since I first got it. Love how beautifully the flower and the embossing folder coordinate. Wonderful easy design with lots of pretty all over it! Have a happy Mother's Day weekend!