Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jennifer's Baptism Card

Well, it has been a busy week!  We have been busy getting ready for Jennifer's Baptism - which was today.  We just got home and had a wonderful day - even the weather cooperated.  I have to say that she wasn't too happy with the water on her head and she let everyone in the church know it!

I really had never made a Baptism card as I wasn't into card making when Rachel and Sarah were Baptized.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do and finally put it together late last night!  Nothing like waiting to the last minute, but there was a lot of cooking that had to get down first, as everyone came back to my daughter's house after church to celebrate.  Here's what I came up with.


Here is the front of the card.  I used Shimmering White for my base card and layered it with Pretty & Pink after I had embossed it with the embossing folder Framed Tulips by SU.  I had seen videos using the Lattice Die from SU to make a cross and then decorated it with some petal flowers that I have had for years along with some pearls.  Of course I also needed a ribbon.


This was the inside of the card which I computerized and printed out on Pretty & Pink.  Of course, I needed some more pearls and flowers!


I probably overdid the flowers, but I couldn't stop using them.  I loved how the whole thing came together and so did my daughter!

Here's a picture of the cake we had.  I just thought it was soooo pretty!


And here is  a picture of Jennifer after the busy day getting ready for bed!


We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and are getting ready to celebrate Memorial Day and the long weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah



2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It's beautiful for a little girl's baptism. Very clever use of the die to make a cross! The cake is gorgeous, as well, but most of all -- Jennifer. . . so sweet!

laurie said...

What a beautiful baby! And a perfect card for the baptism!