Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tea Lights & Gift Box

I was looking to make something different, so I went through my binders and came across directions to make this cute gift box filled with tea lights!  This cute item made by Lori Tecler made it into the Paper Crafts magazine special issue, of 350 Cards & Gifts back in April 2011. It took me awhile to make it, but I'm glad I did.



The tea lights were easier to make than I thought.  Stamp a solid image stamp on plain white tissue paper.  I used Fabulous Florets.  Use a circle punch to punch out the image and a small punch to make a hole in the center of the circle to thread the tea light's wick through.  Place a piece of copy paper behind the tissue before punching makes it easier to get a clean cut circle.

After setting the tissue circle on the tea light, use a heat tool to heat the wax so that the tissue becomes covered in wax, adhering it to the tea light.  Handle the tea light carefully, as the rim will get hot while heating.

I made my box with Pretty In Pink card stock.  You can find the template here - you'll have to scroll down almost to the end to find it.  I used the Fabulous Florets stamp to decorate a strip of Whisper White card stock to coordinate with the tea lights. Then I tied a little tag, made from my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamps, around it with some Pretty In Pink colored satin ribbon with some thread and added a small button.  I really liked how this turned out - so did my daughter who snatched it right up to give to a friend!  I have a lot of tea lights hanging around, so I am definitely going to make some more of these cute gifts.  My husband's birthday is this weekend, so we will have a fun weekend - hope you have some summer fun as well!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah






No comments: