Thursday, December 9, 2021

Christmas Card

Well, I finally got around to making some Christmas cards.  I had purchase SU's Buffalo Check stamp set quite a while ago and never put any ink to it so I thought I would try it out on some Christmas cards.  Unfortunately, it was not that easy to use even with my stamp positioner tool.  What I thought would be an easy card to put together turned out the other way!


I conditioned my stamp before I used it and stamped with good black ink but had to do it about 5 times.  Even then the black squares were not stamped well.  In the end, I decided to use my black marker and color in the squares before I got some good coloring.  


I used SU's Stitched Circles dies, Gina K's sentiment/dies and her Perfect Poinsettia stamp set for the leaves.  I also decorated the front with some tiny peel it stars.


For my sentiment, I used SU's Stamp set Season Like Christmas and embossed it in gold and added another peel it to decorate the inside.  I am going to have to experiment with another stamp color and see if it stamps better than the black.  It could be just the stamp, but I purchased it too long ago to send it back.  That's what I get for not trying out my stamps right away!  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

6 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Great cards Nancy, I think I have that Buffalo Check Stamp too. Haven't used it. Kind of bad that it wouldn't stamp real good. Good idea to use a black marker. Hope to see some more Christmas cards from you. I have been busy making some. Have a great day!

PJ said...

Ooh I think it turned out fantastic. I love the red and black such a classic look.

Tanza Erlambang said...

gold embossed looks so sweet at the corner of card.... love it.

Merry Christmas and happy new year....

Leslie Miller said...

Once again it took me too long to get here. We've had some setbacks and I will not be around much until after Christmas. I do love this buffalo plaid, but sorry it turned out to be difficult to use. I have stamps like that and, yes, too late to return. Your cards look great to me after you fixed the bad spots. What a disappointment. Merry Christmas to you and the family!

Azka Kamil said...

nice your post

bread&salt said...

What a great cards! Gold embossed looks elegance. Really good job.