Sunday, August 23, 2020

Pine Cone Christmas Cards

 It's hard to believe that a week has gone by since my last post!  It has been so hectic around here.  We watched Daisy for three days while Jennifer and Jeannie took a quick trip to Mystic Seaport.  They had a great time.  Jennifer loved it.  One of the highlights was visiting the Aquarium and seeing the Beluga whales! They have three of them.

While they were sightseeing, Daisy was enjoying being an only child.  Poppy and Nanny are definitely too old for a puppy!!  She liked to drag her bed out of the crate and find a place in the middle of the floor and fall asleep!

After they picked her up on Saturday, they headed home and stopped to see some balloons which landed close to their house.  Joe and I used to love to go and see the balloon races which of course were cancelled this year, but I guess some couldn't resist such a beautiful day for flying.

In between playing and walking Daisy, I tried to get some crafting done.  Since I am in a roll making Christmas cards, I made some more cards from the Heartfelt Creations Pine Cone Collection.  This is really a beautiful set.

These are 6" x 6" cards.  I used the medium and large pine cones and the cardinals which I have used before and the DSP from this collection.  

I cut the cardinals in half like I did my previous card and used SU's Real Red and Olive Green for my inks.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend enjoying this great weather even though it is unbearably hot.  I think of winter snow coming, so I try not to complain so much! 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post at Cardztv Anything Goes Challenge #122.

   

 

4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww....colorful balloon.... We have balloon raced was cancelled this year as well.

Puppy looks so enjoy with sleep.... Beautiful card as always.

Denise said...

Wow Nancy! What a beautiful card! I love it. And who doesn't love kids and puppies :). Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this was a fun post! I'm glad they were able to get out for something a little different. I feel so limited as to what we can do, but we get creative and carry on. On Friday my girlfriend and I are having lunch, but I'm picking it up curbside and she's bringing dessert and we're doing a picnic in the park. All safe and outdoors. I love the pic of Daisy. Wally used to drag his bed around like that. You're going to have some beautiful Christmas cards this year. To see them all together in a group would be spectacular!

dellgirl said...

xoxo I can see why Jennifer loved visiting the Aquarium and seeing the Beluga whales! Also glad Jennifer had a great time. Yaaa, Jennifer! Daisy has the right idea, enjoying a nice nap.

The cards are beautiful, as usual. You did a "bang-up" job on these. Way-to-Go, Nancy! Wishing you well, Stay Safe, my friend!