Sunday, August 9, 2020

Joe's Birthday Card

My husband's birthday card has a story of its own!  I had made the base card last week but couldn't decide what to put on the front if anything.  I used Heartfelt Creations Window Scene cards and dies to create his card.  For my sentiment, I used a $1 stamp from Michael's I had in my stash.

I love their dies.  They are so intricate and easy to use.  What to put on the top circle?  Along comes the hurricane, so I had to make a decision quickly as I was afraid we would lose power.  I decided to use the Sunflower stamp and die which I had not used before.  I quickly stamped and die cut it.  Usually I color the images before I cut them out but this time I didn't as I was in a rush.  I had just finished cutting them out when we lost power.  I thought I would wait awhile to color them as Rachel called that they were getting water in their basement.  Margaret and Dave were on vacation in North Caroline trying to get out of the way of the hurricane down there.  So Joe and her boyfriend got to the house and helped her bail water and figure out where the water was coming from.  It was dark before you knew it, so I ended up coloring the flowers by candle light!  Such fun!  They turned out much darker than I would have liked, but I had to finish them up as his birthday was the next day and I always have his card by his coffee cup in the AM.  It was midnight when I got to bed and then the electric came on!  At least I didn't have to worry about the food in the fridge.  I think we are going to look for a generator this week.



Here is the inside of the card.  It was the first time I made a circle card but I liked how it turned out.  They have a lot of different size base cards already to go which is really nice.  I hope everyone has recovered from this nasty hurricane.  Some areas of NJ are still without power!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy






4 comments:

Denise said...

Good grief! That was quite a scramble to get Joe's card finished in time. Worth it though. I love the card and the sunflowers are beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

Nancy, your card is absolutely amazing and so beautiful! I love the color of the sunflowers, especially for a masculine card and, of course, the cabin in the woods really appeals to me. You did such a beautiful job on all of it. It was a happy day when you became a Heartfelt Creations girl! I'd say a generator is a very good idea. We always think of our motorhome as our go to when the power goes out, but the power rarely goes out for more than a few minutes at a time. I hope everything turned out okay at Rachel's house!

mamawcindy said...

Awesome card Nancy, I love that it's good for a man or woman. I actually like the thought of coloring by candle light. Not sure what it would look like when I finished but sounds kind of fun to me. Glad you all are o.k. I do think you should look into getting a generator. Hope your week is a good one. Stay safe!
cindys-greencricut

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Joe.....
Creative idea to make a beautiful card ....I thought a plate....

Stay safe, healthy and virus free