Thursday, August 13, 2020

Eclipse Card forJennifer

 I used to make a lot of eclipse cards and decided to make another one to send to Jennifer.  I love everything about them.  Even though she has a new puppy she still loves cats.  I used SU's stamp set Pretty Kitty.  I have made a lot of cards with this set. It is so cute!  I made my base card 5"x7" in SU's Sweet Sugarplum with my layer in Very Vanilla.  I stamped and colored the cute kitty design and then used SU's Large Letter Framelits to cut out the word HUGS which I popped up with adhesive foam strips.  They do such a great job on these types of cards.      

I couldn't find any stamp in my stash that had the right wording, and then I remembered that my daughter and her husband had found some stamp sets at a garage sale last year that had letters.  This set was labelled Alphadots made in 2004.  I used my stamp positioner, and I loved how it turned out.  I decided to use my small butterfly stamp from SU and some enamel dots to finish the front off.

For my inside sentiment, I used SU's Botanicals for You stamp set along with their Bordering Blooms.  I had an extra butterfly, so I decided to use that as well as some more enamel dots.  It made me feel good to use some stamp sets that I haven't used for awhile, as well as some supplies that I have had around for awhile.  

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy





5 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww...cute little cats...red flowers and butterfly make perfect.

Have a great day

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute, cute card for Jennifer! Love the look of this technique, and even better with those darling kitties. I'm crazy about my two dogs, but I still love cats, too. We've always had cats or dogs or both at the same time. I like your inside sentiment, too.

Denise said...

Nancy, your card could not be any cuter! Adorable! Great job on the "eclipse" card too. Jennifer will love it.

dellgirl said...

Your Eclipse Card forJennifer is so cute! I love it and I know Jennifer will too. She is so lucky. I can just picture her smiling when she sees this.

Wishing you well, my friend! Stay safe!

mamawcindy said...

Love your card Nancy, I have never made an eclipse card. I'm gonna have to watch a video and see how it's done.
Hope you have a good day!
cindys-greencricut