Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Happy Birthday Sarah!

In the midst of choas, Sarah is celebrating her 18th birthday today.  She got a call that her school is suppose to start again on April 6th but I have my doubt.  Jennifer's school has extended her closing to April 17th, so we will wait and see.  I created this cute cupcake card for her as she will never turn one down.


I used SU's Pool Party CS for the base card and Heartfelt Sugarspun Collection for the cupcake.  The die is the Regal Frame and Accents die from Heartfelt as well.  I colored my cupcake in Archival Vibrant Fuschia and Crumb Cake.  For the number 18, I die cut it 3 times to make it stand out a bit and used Crystal Lacquer to give is some gloss.  For my icing, I used my Silver Star Gelly Roll pen to highlight the little hearts.


For my inside sentiment, I used some of the DSP that is in the collection along with the party hat die.  Sarah always had to have a party hat to wear on her birthday!  It is so nice that with modern technology one can stay in touch with friends and family.  My facetime is definately getting a workout.

I hope everyone is doing Ok with COVID-19.  It has definitely changed everyone's lives but we feel lucky none of us has become sick so far.  I worry about my daughter, who is a nurse, still working in the hospital.  Since they closed the Wellness Center and Cardiac Care Unit she is helping monitor the 800 help #.  We are keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post over at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #111.

3 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy 18th Birthday for Sarah!
Love both beautiful cards...

# Stay safe and virus free

dellgirl said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I hope you had a wonderful day. What a beautiful post, Nancy! As usual, I enjoyed reading here. I LOVE the cards and the photos, they’re gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you a nice weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

This is definitely a pretty and festive card! I don't think I'll get back to normal life until the whole North America has run its course of COVID.