Saturday, March 21, 2020

Easter Baskets

I hope everyone is staying in and safe.  It has been a rough week for everyone.  My daughter is working from home, as well as home schooling Jennifer as her school has been closed.  My other daughter is working the Coronavirus hotline at the hospital as the Wellness Center and Cardiac Care Unit is closed as well.  Sarah's Prom and graduation has also been cancelled.  I thought I would have more time for crafting but it didn't work out that way so far.  The other week I saw this cute post over at - Brenda Quintana's blog.  I thought these would be adorable for the Wellness Center.  I made  a bunch of them and then the virus got worst and they closed the Wellness Center, so they will be ready to give them out when they reopen.  I also made some for Easter dinner.




Brenda made her so a cute cupcake would fit inside, but I decided to put some Easter candy in mine.  She also gave different measurements if you want to make larger baskets.  I made the smaller one.  They really came together really quick.  I fell in love with the Braided Border punch from SU.



I didn't have any flower punch and didn't know what I would use to decorate them.  Do any of you remember these old dies from SU?  I have a bunch of them and started looking through them and came across this one - Blossom Party - which worked out perfectly. 


For my flowers, I used Daffodil CS and I sponged Tiger Lilly Archival Ink on them and added some gems.


These also might have to wait as Easter dinner may be postponed as well.  PA is shut down pretty tight.  Fortunately, Joe and I had stocked up on supplies before everything went crazy.  I still can't believe that people are fighting over toilet paper.  Our local Giant is opening up from 6-7Am for Seniors to go shopping.  Yesterday there were 100 Seniors in line and in 5 minutes all the toilet paper was gone!!  I hope things will settle down soon.  I appreciate your visit.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy







4 comments:

dellgirl said...

Hey Nancy, I hope you're feeling well and doing okay. I hope everything settles down for you soon (too) with the shopping and the shut-down.

Your Easter projects are so cute. They turned out beautifully, as usual. The recipients are going to LOVE them, I know I DO!

Wiahing you a wonderful Sunday!

Leslie Miller said...

These are super cute and I really like the braided handle. I'm sorry you won't be able to give them to the wellness center, but I know at some point you'll put them to good use. Crazy about the TP. We just happened to be doing regular shopping a few weeks ago and TP was on the list, and that's when we found out about the toilet paper frenzy. Weird.

Tanza Erlambang said...

glad to know you have a wonderful project for Easter...

# Stay safe for you, yours and all of us

Sumer Madaan said...

Hey nancy,
These are really very cute. Looking for more such crafts.
Meraki