Monday, February 3, 2020

Snowmen Hot Chocolate Treat Holder

I saw these adorable treat holders over on - Debbies Design Blog - and decided to make some for the kids.  We are big hot chocolate drinkers around here and I knew they would love them.  They have been hanging around on my desk hatless for awhile.  There is so much going on around here that my craft room doesn't get many visits lately.  Margaret and Dave got sick again with a bug, Jennifer got the Flu B that has been going around and Joe had to have some surgery last week.  Thank goodness for Rachel and her boyfriend, as they drove us back and forth to the hospital since I don't drive anymore.   He is doing well so things are getting back to normal.  I got into my craft room finally on  Sunday.  I had to laugh as Groundhog Phil predicted an early spring as I sat and watched it snow.  We got about 3" and today it is all melted as it is 55 degrees.  The rest of the week is going to be cold and raining with snow.  Crazy, crazy weather!!


Debbie found these cute snowmen over at - Ziplock - DIY - for anyone that wishes to make some.  Both used glue to adhere the containers together.  I had trouble with that, so I used my double sided tape.  I used my 1/2" circle punch for the buttons and my 3/4" circle punch for the eyes.  Using the doubled sided glue will come off and you can use the containers for something else.  For the bottom container, I also put in some Keurig hot chocolate cups as well as the powder packets.  Since I had some candy canes left over from Christmas, I broke them up into pieces and put some Hershey kisses in the second container for extra goodies.


For the third container, I filled it with miniature marshmallows.  I made their hats from a 6" circle die I had and rolled some black CS for the top.  I used my hot glue glue to adhere the ribbon on the hat and then to adhere it to the brim.  It's hard to see, but the sentiment I hot glued says - Sweet Times Together that I found in some DSP CS from Heartfelt Creations.  I loved how they turned out.

Now, I have to get my act together and make my Valentine Day goodies.  Hard to believe that it will be here in less than 2 weeks.  I'm just about done with winter, and we still have 2 months to go and it really hasn't been that bad.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, for heaven's sake, these are sooo adorable, and those eyes just brought them to life! Love their cute hats with the ribbon and snowflakes. They're making me smile! Sounds like not much fun there lately, but I hope better times are ahead. Hugs!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Love to drink chocolate during cold season,
however, the weather getting nice, more than 60F in the Southern States.

Yes, the hat looks so pretty and attractive.

# Hope, spring coming soon in your area

Mary Lemmenes said...

Nanny, these snowmen are delightful, and you made them beautifully. I'm very sorry to hear about the illnesses you and your family have suffered recently. I hope the rest of your winter is MUCH better.

dellgirl said...

Oh my, your Snowmen Hot Chocolate Treat Holders are absolutely adorable. I love, love, love them. You did a wonderful job on them, as you usually do. Thanks for sharing this inspiration.

Wishing you all the best!