Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Quilled Snowflakes & Storage Box

A few years ago, my craft of choice was quilling.  At the time, they had classes at our local Michael's and my friend and I decided we would check it out - and we were hooked.  This took up most of my craft time until my Mom passed, and I started scrapbooking all her family pictures and labeling people so future generations would know who all these people were in the black and white pictures!!  I felt it was important to document our family's background.  This of course led me to cardmaking and this blog. 

I made a lot of quilled snowflakes for the family and the girls which they hang on their trees every year.  These are very delicate, and of course I end up gluing them when they take them out of their storage bags.  So I decided to make some pizza boxes to store them in to better protect them.  Here are examples of two different styles that I made. 



I always sprayed them with adhesive and them added some glitter to them.  Here is one of the boxes that I made for them.


There are a lot of videos on Youtube showing how to made these cute boxes.  I decided to make the one that PootlesPapercraft did which was 4" x 4".  I had to make a few of them but hopefully they will be more secure.

I am trying to finish a cute project that I started making for the kids before I got sick, so I can then make some Valentine projects.  I also want to thank everyone for their well wishes as well.  I so appreciate all your comments and emails.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy







10 comments:

Sakuranko said...

Awww so cute idea darling
Thanks for share with us
xx

dellgirl said...

These are really beautiful quilled snowflakes! As usual, I enjoyed reading your post. I LOVE the photos, they’re absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you a nice Thursday!

Denise said...

Perfect box for those delicate snowflakes!

Tanza Erlambang said...

I saw this kind of snowflakes in some of my friend houses...cute.

Love your second snowflake design. Look pretty.

dellgirl said...

I’m just stopping back by to see how you are doing. I hope you are okay and you had a nice week.

Wishing you a great weekend!

Tanza Erlambang said...

# glad to know about your experienced using: GoodRX app.
Thank you

Blog Enfim... said...

How beautiful perfect!
following!😘
http://unhasdaraquel.blogspit.com

Leslie Miller said...

I've always thought these pizza boxes were so cute and they are really easy to make. What a great idea for the snowflakes! The snowflakes look very intricate. Funny how one thing leads to another. In the past I was completely obsessed with sewing. Then I started scrapbooking, and that lead to card making. Now it's just cards. I love it!

Buba said...

I follow you # 24 ,follow back?

https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

mamawcindy said...

So pretty, I have never tried quilling. Hope your doing well.