Sunday, August 11, 2019

Stitched Rainbow Cards

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend!  We went to a Peach festival last night and had a nice time.  Peach festivals always remind me that summer is coming to an end and school is around the corner!  I'm not happy about that.  I'm not looking forward to the colder weather.  I so enjoyed making these cards.  In my younger years, I used to do a lot of embroidery.  Jennifer McGuire has many videos about stitching on cards, and I was instantly attracted.  Here is my first attempt.


I used Sweet Sugarplum CS from SU for my base card.  For my layer, I used thick Very Vanilla CS and the die from The Stamp Market - Dotted Rainbow to make my rainbow.  The stitch I used on this card is called the stem stitch.  I had a lot of embroidery thread and used DMC Pearl Cotton #5 and DMC Six Ply Embroidery Thread.  They have a DMC Pearl Cotton #3 which is the heaviest thread but I didn't have any of that.  I think the #5 did just fine for this die.  I didn't have blue or green in #5 so I used the DMC Six Ply Embroidery thread and I think it worked just as good.  Since I have a lot of that, I will probably use it in future stitching cards.  Youtube has a lot of videos on the different stitch patterns you can sew and Jennifer shows some as well.  They are very easy to do.  I'm going to send Jennifer this card, and I'm sure she will want to try it out.  I used the die from Lawn Fawn - Stitched Double Rectangles for the edges of my layer. 


For my greeting, I used the Dandelion Wishes stamp set from SU.  I used my stamparatus in case I had to stamp it more than once.  I think in the future, I will stamp my greetings first and then do the embroidery just in case I have a problem stamping.  LOL!  I put a few gems on it just to dress it up a bit.  For my ink, I used Gina K's amalgam black ink.


For my inside sentiment, I used  SU's stamp set Sunshine and Rainbows and stamped the sun in Daffodil Delight and cut it out with the matching die.  I really enjoyed making this type of card and have order some more stitching dies.

I entered this card at CardzTV Challenge #96 - Anything Goes. Love to Craft Challenge #37 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Denise said...

I love everything about your card! It's absolutely rainbow perfect including the sentiments inside and out. And your stitching is gorgeous. It is so pretty.

Tanza Erlambang said...

I always love rainbow....colorful

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I almost missed these cards. We've been gone so long! The stitching makes a perfect rainbow and I love it so much! I used to do a lot of embroidery, too. Lots of sewing, as well. Gave it all up for card making, but what a nice way to combine the two. So cute!