Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thanksgiving Card

I took a break making my goodies for the Wellness Center to start making some Thanksgiving cards.  If I don't hurry, it will be too late to mail them!  For this card, I used some Calypso Coral CS for my base card and used Basic Black for my first layer.  I have been trying to use up some of my DSP so my next two layers were from the Painted Autumn pack.


I used some shiny brown ribbon I had in my stash to wrap around the layers before I adhered them to the base card.  I then touched up a foil snowflake with some Early Espresso ink and adhered it over the ribbon.  I used my Stitched Shapes Thinlets Dies for my circles and the Thoughtful Banners Stamp set for the sentiment.


I really liked how this card came together with all the fall colors and pumpkins.  I used SU's Thanksgiving stamp set for the inside and fussy cut a pumpkin as well.


Well, it started snowing around noon and is project to keep going until we have 5-8" - Oh Goodie!!  Hopefully, it will warm up tomorrow and it will all melt away.  At least I can get in some craft time!

I entered this post at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #74.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love everything about your cards! The papers are wonderful and the snowflake is a really nice way to back up the sentiment. Looks like a lot of folks may have snow for Thanksgiving. Anything wet in the west would be welcome.

mamawcindy said...

Pretty Cards, Love that pumpkin paper. I am not looking forward to snow. I live on a hilly country road and hate to drive on it when it gets bad. I do love to see it come down though. You said on my blog that your Painted Harvest doesn't stamp very well. I think It's just made that way. I do condition my stamps first by rubbing a eraser over them when I first use them. Not sure if that would help. The eraser I use is white. Also thanks ffor the nice comment. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving
cindys-greencricut