Monday, November 19, 2018

Thankgiving Turkey Nuggets

I have been working off and on on these little gems for the Wellness Center!  I saw a lot of them on Pinterest using different methods.  Some didn't have a wattle, but I think they look better with it.  I think they turned it so cute!


The first thing I did was cut some DSP 1" x 3" and cover the chocolate nuggets.  Then I chose my colors for their feathers and punched them out with my scallop punch.



For the scallop closest to the nugget, I scored them and cut off 5 scallops.  Then I would adhere that scallop to the next scallop leaving 4 scallops showing and trim them off.  Then I would position them on the third scallop and trim off any excess showing.


  I made these in steps as I made 50 of them.


After all the scallops were made, I used my 1" circle punch to make the head.  The last time I went to Michael's to get some glue dots, I purchased some micro min glue dots by accident.  These came in handy as I put the tiny googly eyes on them which made it a lot easier to place them on the faces.


The next step was to make their tiny beaks.  I cute out 1/2" squares and scored them from end to end and then folded them in half.


I used the same method of adhering them by using the glue dots.


For the wattle, I used my punch putting one of the top showing three petals and one on the bottom showing only 2 petals.


I then adhered the scallops to one end of the nuggets with a larger glue dot and the same for the face.


Aren't they cute - I love them!!  Here is one of the trays I used for the Wellness Center.


I saved some for my Thanksgiving table as well,  I'm sure the kids will love them!  Well, everyone here at the Pansy Patch hopes everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I entered these little gems at the Love To Craft Challenge - Anything Goes Challenge #28.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, they're cute! Big grin the moment I saw them. So clever every step of the way. I love how those googly eyes go every which way, and so cool that you have the peel off roll. Also, the flower punch makes a perfect wattle. I like that it punches three at once. You always need more than one of these little flowers! One of my most frequently used punches is a little flower punch like this, but it only does one at a time. Your little turkeys are just so darn adorable! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!

Denise said...

So cute Nancy! Absolutely love those turkeys!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Fab little turkeys. Thank you for taking part in the "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x