Friday, October 19, 2018

Jennifer's Birthday Card

Well, I finished up Jennifer's 5th birthday card.  Ever since she was born on Halloween, her Mom has her birthday picture taken with the number of pumpkins that she is old.  I don't know what she will do when she reaches 21!!  So I decided to make he card with 5 pumpkins on it.  I used thick Very Vanilla CS for my base card and my layer of Old Olive was embossed with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.


I used the # of Years die to cut out my #5 in orange glimmer paper and mounted it on some cardboard so it would stand out better and popped it up.  My sentiment was also from the # of Years stamp set.  I used the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlets Dies to cut out some pumpkins from last year's Halloween DSP.  For my inside, I used the Party Pop up die for my birthday sentiment.


I cut my CS 1/2 smaller and colored in my greeting.  In the Ready to Pop stamp set they had this cute stamp that reminded me of a vine which I stamped on each side in Old Olive.  Then I fussy cut some small pumpkins from the DSP.  I really liked how it turned out.


Since I'm not mailing the card, I put some extra pumpkins on the envelope.  Now all I have to do is wrap up her presents and get to NJ tomorrow before 10AM.  Grandma's party is in the afternoon, so it will be a busy day tomorrow.  We are definitely going to miss celebrating her birthday on Halloween, but I'm sure she will have lots to tell when they get home from Disney!  Have a great weekend!

I entered this post at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #70.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

The Cow Whisperer's Creative Cards said...

Love love Love It

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that will be fun to look back on those pictures some day! Very cute idea for her card, too! Love the embossed background and glittery number, and inside is a wonderful surprise!