Friday, December 23, 2016

Decorated Candy Canes

I just realized that I didn't post the goodies that I made for my daughter to take to the hospital and Wellness Center.  Boy, things are moving ahead pretty darn quick!  I didn't have a lot of time left to make something for them, so I put together these cute candy canes!


I used my Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and punched out the reindeer in Crumb Cake CS, Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man in Whisper White.  I only had to color in the nose for the reindeer, and for the gingerbread man I used my Early Espresso ink which made it quick and easy.  Santa was the only one I ended up having to color.


I tied different color ribbons on each stamp and then used my mini glue dots to place the punch out on the candy cane.  Considering I made about 50 it went pretty fast.  Here is a close up of each type finished.


I found a cute little basket and propped them up all ready to travel.


The girls only had a half day today and now they are off until after New Year's.  It is so warm here today, I cannot believe the weather change - but you won't hear any complaints from me!

I entered these candy canes in Cardz TV Anything Goes Challenge #7.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy

2 comments:

PJ said...

These are super swell treats, and very festive, glad it went quickly, 50 is a lot. I agree with you warm weather is always welcome.

Leslie Miller said...

That's a lot of candy canes, and it still must have taken a good deal of time to put the whole basket together. They're totally adorable. Such a nice presentation!