Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mother's Day Tea Card

I needed to make some more cards for Mother's Day and saw this adorable card in Pinterest that Dawn from dostamping made with the new Cuppa Stamp set from SU.  Her link has all the details to make this great card!


I made mine out of Wisteria Wonder and Melon Mambo CS.  The only problem was when I went to stamp my tea cup the stamp did not come out right!!  I tested all the other stamps with the set and they worked fine.  When my husband looked at it he felt that the stamp itself was not raised enough to give me a good image!!  Best laid plans ....... so I decided to go with the other stamp in the bundle which I thought turned out fine.


So instead of saying World's Best Mother the tea cup said you're tea-riffic!  SU is sending me another stamp set so all is well!


I decorated the inside of the card again with DSP which I really like.  Might as well use up all the scraps!


I had always wanted to get the envelope flap die and when I saw it was retiring I decided to go for it!  So this was perfect timing.  Love how it finishes off the card!


I really like this set especially the DSP!  If you need a quick card to make this is definitely the one!  I loved how the little charms looked tied to the cup as well!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Seriously cute cards! Love the flowers and charm on each tea cup, and the perfect designer paper! It's nice that SU is sending you a new set. My Wondrous Wreath was bad and they would not replace it. They used to be so good about that. Last SU set I bought.

Joyce Tompkins said...

Such a beautiful Mother's Day card! And I think the tea-rrific stamp works great with it. Thanks so much for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

PJ said...

Gosh that is an awfully cute batch of cards and matching envelopes. Great job as always my friend. I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day☺