Friday, May 27, 2016

Diagonal Birthday Card

I wanted to make a simple card for Jennifer to give to her Mom for her birthday.  In my search, I came across this VIDEO from Patty's Stamps.  I thought it was perfect for what I wanted.  What a novel idea - and a great way to use up some DSP scraps!  I love how she made different sizes of cards and was able to use so many different sentiments.


I made it fairly simple as I didn't have much time.  I used up some scrap DSP paper for the card and the envelope as well.  I punched some Melon Mambo paper with my Pansy punch and my small scallop in Daffodil Delight.  I had a bunch of embellishments on my desk, and Jennifer found this cute ladybug which she helped me put in the center of the flower.


Jennifer was more than happy to stamp her hand print on the inside of the card and added her thumb prints as well!  I think the Pansy Patch will have a new member soon!!  Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's just an ideal birthday card! So cute, and I love the design, especially with the ladybug on the flower. Great idea for Jennifer to add her hand print inside. I tried to do that with Wally's paw print on a Father's Day card for Rich, but it came out a little smudged. Cute, though!