Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!!

Well, today is Sarah's 13th birthday!  I wanted to make a special card for her and of course it had to be in her favorite color - PINK!  She was so happy that her birthday fell on a Wed. this year, as all the girls dress in PINK on Weds. at school.  I had been debating on purchasing the small bow punch from SU, as I have the large bow die cut which I love.  I finally broke down and purchased it and I'm so glad I did.  I saw a lot of cards with bows on them and knew I wanted to make one for her special day.



I used SU's Whisper White CS for the base, and for my first layer I used some DSP I had and made it 1/8" smaller in size.  My next layer was in Whisper White 1/8" smaller and I adhered my 3 bows I had made using my punch.  My sentiment was $1 stamp from Michael's which I love.  I forgot to take a picture of the inside and it is already sealed.  I put a birthday sentiment and decorated the inside with some small hearts punched out with the same DSP paper.

Rachel surprised her with a lovely bouquet of flowers last night as an early birthday present.  I just finished baking her a chocolate cake with pink icing and it is all ready for us to devour tonight.  She and her friends are going roller skating on Saturday and then she is having a sleepover.  I'm glad it is rain coming and not snow!

Sarah - we hope you have a wonderful birthday (even though you have to go to school)!  It is so hard to believe that you are going to become a teenager!


Happy Birthday Sarah!!!


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Isn't this darling! I know Sarah loved it. A brand new teenager! Happy birthday, Sarah!