Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halloween Cards

When I was attending one of the stamping classes with my SU Demo Denise, I made these cute Halloween cards!  I'll call the first one the Three Pumpkin Card.


Recipe:

Stamps - Fall Fest
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Black - SU
Paper - Garden Green, Black,Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White - SU
Accessories - Fun Fall Framelits - SU
Embellishments - Ribbon

I started with an A2 sized card in Black and layered down with my colors of Garden Green - 5 1/4" x 4", Black - 5" x 3 3/4". Pumpkin Pie - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" and Whisper White - 4 5/8" x 3 3/8".  You can adjust the layers to any sizes you want to fit your base card.  I stamped my sentiment on the bottom of my paper first, so I could judge where to stamp my two pumpkins on the left and the right.  I then stamped my third pumpkin on an extra piece of Whisper White and cut it out with my framelits.  I used my marker on the stems after I had placed my pumpkin pie on the pumpkins.  I then stamped my faces and used my framelits to cut out some stems and placed them on the pumpkins just to give them some dimension.  I popped my third pumpkin up in the middle and then tied some ribbon around the layer so they look like they are sitting on it and adhered that layer to my base card and I were done.  So cute!

My second card I made was a cute Ghost Card.


Recipe:

Stamps - Fall Fest, Tiny Wishes, Simply Sports - SU
Ink - More Mustard , Black- SU
Paper - Black, More Mustard, DSP - SU
Accessories - Fun Fall Framelits, Bitty Banner Framelits, White Embossing Powder
Embellishments - Ribbon

I made another A2 sized card in Black with a layer of More Mustard - 5 1/4" x 4" and cut two pieces of DSP and placed them together to measure the next layer of 5" x 3 3/4".  I then tied a piece of ribbon in the middle, stamped and cut out and embossed 2 ghosts in More Mustard with my powder and popped them up with dimensionals.  I then stamped my sentiment and used my framelits and adhered them to the bottom of the card and the ghosts were already to send!  I used the Motley Monster DSP but any DSP you wish will do.

We have been having beautiful weather here and love the colorful leaves.  Last weekend Joe, Sarah and I went to Syracuse for the Snowmobile Show and had a great time!  Here they are on a PINK Snowmobile that was made for Cancer Awareness Month.  We would have loved to brought it home with us!



Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel and Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I just love those pumpkins, jaunty fellows that they are! Two very fun and happy Halloween cards! Hi, Joe and Sarah! If I were to have a snowmobile, that would be my choice, too. We'd have to haul it a long way to find snow here, though.