Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stamp Class Cards

I went to another stamp class at Denise's and made these two cards.  I loved how they turned out. This first one looks so complex but was so easy to do.


Recipe:

Stamps - Swallowtail Background Stamp, A Dozen Thoughts - SU
Ink - Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist - SU
Paper - Whisper White
Accessories - Black Embossing Powder, Blender Pen

I had never used a background stamp like this before.  I stamped it out on Whisper White and then embossed it.  Then using a blender pen I colored it in making sure to blot any excess water.  The hardest part was cutting it out - but that wasn't too bad.  I stamped my sentiment first just in case it didn't stamp well and then using dimensionals I placed my butterfly on the front part of the card.


I then gently folded it over the crease and adhered the rest to the back of the card.  Then I opened it up and trim off the bottom even with the card.  I don't have a lot of large background stamps, but I am definitely going to use this technique with them.

The next card we made was using my new "favorite stamp set"!


Recipe:

Stamps - Work Of Art - SU
Ink - Crushed Curry, Lost Lagoon - SU
Paper - Whisper White

This stamp set is so versatile!  I stamped the bottom line first and then placed my sentiment so I would know how much room I had for the flower I created.  I created a circle using the stamp and stamping off once to make it lighter.  Then I stamped another layer over it by stamping off a bit and pressing harder on the stamp.  I loved how it turned out!  Just stamp your favorite center for the flower and you're done!  Just think how many color combinations you could use with different sentiments!

We had one more stamping class on Friday with our friend Martha who is returning to Florida, which I missed, as Joe and I were on babysitting patrol!  Here's a picture that we took last week.


Well, I'm waiting for my SU order to come in so I can start some of my Halloween treats.  The girls and I started decorating this weekend.  Hard to believe that Halloween will soon be here and Jennifer will be one year old!  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

That butterfly is incredible! I love how it folds around the card. I had done that with Big Blossom before -- remember that old stamp? It is gone from my collection now. Another fabulous card with your Work of Art set, too! It does, indeed, seem very versatile! I love seeing the photo of the gals, as well. Are you one of those ladies? I haven't had a stamping get together in ages. Not since I quit my demoship.