Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Boxes

I couldn't make my mind up if I wanted the new Curvy Keepsake Box that SU just put out.  I kept seeing lots of cute examples of things that could be done, so I bite the bullet and jumped right in and I'm so glad I did!  Every year I make goodies for my daughter to take to the hospital for the nurses and the Wellness Center and this year I decided to make these cute Halloween Boxes.  The nice thing about these Thinlits Dies is that you always get some extra dies with them and in this case it was some cute tags that you can use for so many things!


Here the trays are all ready to go.  I had to quick get some pictures as she is taking them in early this week as she took off Friday for Jennifer's 1ST Birthday!  Here's a close up of the boxes.


I used the Motley Monster DSP and used the faces from the Fall Fest stamp set.  The tags are one of the extra die cuts you get.  I love how they finished them off with tag hole.  My Halloween Wishes is from the Tiny Wishes Stamp Set.

I saw this cute Spider on the web and had to try it out.


The box is the same and to make the legs they used the Square Framelits Die from SU, but since I don't have that die I used my Spellbinders Die which turned out fine.  You cut 3 squares inside a square (so 2 sizes of squares are sitting inside each other) and cut them in half at the opposite corners to make the legs.  Bend one end back, apply adhesive and glue them on your box and your done!  I'm going to try and make some more this week.  Jennifer likes to look at the bugs (we call them Halloween Bugs) on the screen, so I thought I would make a paper bug for her to examine.

Sarah has been home sick all week with a sore throat and coughing, so I hope no one else gets it before Jennifer's Birthday party on Friday!  We are back to watching her so our weeks are filled.  I'm glad I started these boxes a little early!  Have a great week!

Everyone at the Pansy Patch wants to wish you a Happy Halloween.

     Nancy          Rachel          Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, of course you wanted it! You always make the cutest things for every occasion and I've been looking forward to seeing what you were doing for Halloween. These are darling! Fabulous papers, and I SO LOVE the spider!