Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jennifer's Birthday Card

With all that has been going on lately, I hadn't started Jennifer's birthday card, so I was short on time and ideas.  Sorting through a drawer for something in my craft room I came across some SU Sound cards I had purchased awhile ago which gave me an idea for Jennifer's card.  This is the front of the card.  I used my Fun Fest die to cut out a pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie and stamped a #1 on it.  The sentiment stamp I have had for years that I purchased for $1 at Michael's bin.  You have to love that $1 bin!  I had some corn brads and leftover Halloween ribbon to finished off the front of the card.


For the inside I made a template using my 1" and 1/2" circle punch and cut out that side of the card in Whisper White.  This way the unnecessary buttons are covered.  Joe and I recorded our message and I adhered it to the card.  I used my Cupcake Punch to decorate the middle of this side of the card.  On the opposite side, I put a layer of Pumpkin Pie where I wrote our message to Jennifer.  On the back of the card I put another layer of Pumpkin Pie to finish it off.


I was really pleased with the results.  The card comes in a white box which made it perfect to give and save.  Now she can hear our voices even when we aren't with her - which is rare!!!

We hope everyone had a great Halloween!  We had such a great time at Jennifer's birthday.  Here she is riding the Ladybug Rocker we gave her.  She was so excited with it!



Here's a picture of her pumpkin birthday cake.


I think she will have lots of fun in the future celebrating her birthday and Halloween!  This year she was a pumpkin!


Well, we had everyone over at our house today as our town had Halloween today.  The girls had a great time going trick or treating!  Now I'm going to go check out their bags for some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Now that is really special with the recorded message! I hope it will last and last because this card is a real keepsake. I have to say that Jennifer is truly the cutest little pumpkin in the patch!