Sunday, November 23, 2014

Advent Boxes

Someone asked me the other day if I was ready for Thanksgiving - my answer was NO!!!!!  For some reason I thought we had another week to go.  So I started cooking this weekend, as we always have Thanksgiving and then realized that next Monday is December 1st!!  I have been wanting to make something for the girls for Advent and found these cute Advent boxes over at Paper Craft Button's blog.  I decided that I had better start making them or the idea will be put away for another year.


They came together pretty quick.  Sarah felt sorry for me when she came out of her room and found me deep in papers, stamps and ink and helped me cut them out.  I used SU's Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Pack and their gold and silver baker's twine.  I didn't have the punch she used but found my small scalloped circle punch worked out fine.  I finally found my Gel-a-tins number stamps buried in the bottom of my punch drawer.  I used these to make flash cards for the girls and they are great stamps!  I always used my small star punch on silver and gold SU paper to decorate the box.  There are so many other ways you can dress them up.  The best part was filling them with candy - one for the box and one for me!!

I haven't decided where I'm going to hang these cute boxes if my tree isn't up by the 1st!  I may just arrange them on the kitchen door in the shape of a Xmas Tree or wreath.  Everyone in the Pansy Patch would like to wish you all a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Now, isn't this something! A couple of years ago I gave my hairdresser a bunch of cute covered matchboxes for Valentine's Day and she says she gets them out every year for a decoration. So, the other day we were talking about doing some for Christmas and she suggested they could be used like an advent calendar -- give one to the kids each day. Of course, neither one of us have little kids anymore, or even grandkids, but it sounded like a fun idea. And then here you go, showing just how cute is is! I like the idea of hanging them on the tree. It would be fun to hide them in the branches and let the kids hunt for them. What a fun tradition!