Thursday, January 23, 2014

Valentine Butterfly Card

I have been working on some Valentine projects for the Wellness Center, but took some time out to make this card I saw at Pinterest.  I didn't have all the supplies, but just substituted what I did have.  I liked the clean lines in this card.


Recipe:

Stamps - Floral Fillers, Whimsical Words - SU, Michaels
Ink - Melon Mambo - SU
Paper - Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Pretty In Pink - SU
Accessories - Embossing Folder - Elegant Bouquet - SU, Spellbinders Circles
                       Butterfly Punch - SU
Embellishments - Making Memories Hearts, gems

I made this card into an A2 size using Pretty in Pink as my base color.  My Whisper White layer I embossed with my folder.  Then I used my circle Spellbinder dies and made my three circles in different colors and sizes.  I adhered them together and then attached my little red hearts.  I popped this up on my layer with dimensionals and attached some gems to my butterfly before I adhered it with some glue dots.


I guess I'm into decorating the inside of my cards lately, as I stamped my butterfly on the inside as well. 

The girls finally went back to school today.  I can see a shorten Easter vacation in their future!  I have no desire to go outside at all!  It's pretty cold here and there is no relief in sight!  I'm starting to think spring flowers and Joe is planning his garden, so that's a good sign.  Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I love the sweet and simple design with the Elegant Bouquet embossing and pretty butterfly! The hearts are perfect placement and the sentiment works beautifully for a not-too-mushy Valentine. Very nice!