Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Heart to Heart Valentine Card

Well, we were all snowed in today.  No school, shopping, etc., just watching the snow come down.  As beautiful as it is, it can now stop if it wants too!!  Oh well, it gave me time to start making some Valentine items.  I saw this cute card on Pinterest and decided to make it.  The only thing I changed up was the sentiment as I didn't have the one they used.



Recipe:

Stamps - P.S. I Love You - SU, Happy Valentine's Day - Michael's
Paper - Real Red, Whisper White - SU, DSP Valentine Scraps
Accessories - Heart to Heart Punch - SU
Embellishments - Real Red 5/8" Ribbon - SU

This card was pretty quick to make.  It is an A2 sized card in Real Red with one layer of Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4".  I used my punch on the bottom of the card, stamped my sentiment in the middle and tied my ribbon around the layer.  I used some scrap Valentine paper in my box and popped that up behind the punched out area.  Then I popped up the layer on my base card.

I also decided to decorate the inside with some extra hearts.

 
 
 
I brought this sentiment stamp at Michael's years ago, and it is still one of my favorite stamps - and it was in their $1.00 bin!!!  Well, hope everyone is doing OK with the snow.  Today I am definitely envious of my friends in Florida!  Keep warm!
 
Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah
 





1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Now, see these are just as pretty as can be. I have that punch and have never thought to use it this way. I just love these. The sentiment is great, too.