Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hanging Heart Valentine Card

In between projects, I decided to make another Valentine card.  I cased this from a card I saw on Pinterest, but had to use different supplies.


Recipe:

Stamp - Tiny Wishes, Whimsical Words - SU
Ink - Real Red - SU
Paper - Real Red, Whisper White, Gold Fold Sheets - SU
Accessories - Heart Embossing Folder - Sizzix, Heart to Heart Punch, Heart Punch,
                       Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch - SU, Bow Maker
Embellishments - Red/White Twine - The Twinery, Red Ribbon - 1/8"

I made this card an A2 size in Real Red and the layer is in Whisper White.  I embossed it with my folder, and since I don't have any heart dies, I punched out a template with my heart punch, traced it on the layer and then cut it out.  I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I taped down my twine and used my bow maker for my double bows and used a mini glue dot to adhere it on my layer.  I then made my sentiment and popped it up on my layer.  I also popped up my layer on my base card.  I then punched out a small heart with my gold foil paper and popped that up as well.


I decided to put a few gold foil hearts on the inside of the card as well.

I think most of us are freezing out there, but that didn't stop Joe and I from babysitting yesterday.  I couldn't believe how warm Jennifer was.  She was definitely a good electric blanket and we loved every minute we spent with her.  She is really growing fast, so we want to cherish this stage while we can.  Hope everyone is keeping warm.  See you soon!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

So many times I've wished I had that embossing folder! It looks so good on your cards, and your photo shows the texture perfectly. Beautifully inspired!