Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mom's Birthday Card

I saw this card in the new SU catalog and knew I wanted to make it.  The girls were here the other day and we decided to try out the new Pressed Molds and Clay from SU to make the flower.  We had such a great time playing around but did have trouble with the button molds.  Then we saw this video by Jackie Topa which really helped and made the process so easy!  If you are into making these cute flowers, definitely watch this video!


Recipe:

Ink - Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Summer Sun
Paper - Crumb Cake, Whisper White - SU
Stamp -  Birthday Stamper from JustRite Stamps
Accessories -  Bella Boutique Stamp Wheel, Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed
                       Molds and White Clay, 1" Square Punch - SU
Embellishments - Ribbon colored with Old Olive and stickles

The base card is an A2 size - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" in Crumb Cake.  I love using the stamp wheels from SU and decided to try out this new one I had just purchased and love the look.  I then used my square punch and punched out a square one right after the other four times to create my window - about 1" x 4".  I put a mark on my inside paper where I wanted my flower to be and then glued my ribbon down, which I had colored with my marker for the flower stem.  I tied a small bow and attached it to the stem with a mini glue dot.  After my flower had dried, I colored it with my melon mambo marker and used summer sun for the center adding some yellow stickles for decoration and adhered it to the mark on the paper and it was finished!

We decided to make this card for my daughter's birthday.  I really liked how it turned out and know she will enjoy it since it was a joint effort from the crew at the Pansy Patch!

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

The weather here has been soooooo hot and the next few days aren't going to be any better.  We finally got some tomatoes and peppers from the garden, but we definitely need some rain which is suppose to come this weekend.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend whatever you decide to do.

Thank for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: