Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Nurses Day!!

Today - May 6th - is Nurses Day!  My daughter will celebrate 25 years with her hospital this year and we are so very proud of her!  I think one has to be a special person to go into this field.  It takes alot of work, dedication, and love for others, but the rewards and self-satisfaction are great!  Here is the card I made for her.  I loved how it turned out!


Recipe:

Paper - Whisper White, Real Red - SU
Cricut Cartridge - Everything Paper Dolls - Headwear, Doodletype
Embellishments - Brads - Making Memories & Eyelet Outlet, Red/White Twine

The card is an A2 size with the layer sized at 5 1/4" x 4".  I cut out my nurses hat and adhered it in the center of the layer and wrapped some twine around the bottom of the card and attached my nurses hat brad on the bow.  I decided to put a stethoscope brad on the top and finished it off with some faux stitching with my gel pens.  My sentiment inside the card was "Happy Nurses Day" cut out with the Cricut Cart Doodletype.

It was a busy weekend!  Sarah and her 5th Grade Running Club ran their first 5K Race on Saturday and she finished in 36 minutes!  She was so excited!  Rachel and Mom documented the event, so I will have to get some pictures to post.  It was my youngest daughter's birthday as well - so lots going on!  I can't believe that it is Mother's Day next Sunday.  These holidays really sneak up on us!  We hope you have a great week and are enjoying some sunshine!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


1 comment:

Denise said...

Love your card Nancy! And so appropriate!

Denise