Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine Nurse Purse

I have been going back and forth for months trying to decide whether I should buy SU's Petite Purse Die.  Then while checking out some pictures on the web from Leadership I saw an example of the petite purse but for a nurse!  I just fell in love with it and ordered the die right away. I thought what a great Valentine goodie for my daughter to take to the hospital for the nurses in her department!




Supplies:

Paper - Whisper White, Real Red - SU
Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes, It's a Wrap Holidays - SU
Accessories - Petite Purse Die, Glue Dots, Score Tape
Punches - 3/4" Circle, Word Window and Itty Bitty Shapers Punch Pack
Embellisments - Twine

I can't say enough about this die.  It was so easy to use and it cut the paper like butter.  I cut my 8 1/2" x 11" paper in half on the 11" side which enabled me to make two purses out of one sheet of CS.  I used my score tape on the two sides and the purse was together!  Since I was making alot of them, I used my mini glue dots to put the handles on instead of using brads.  I stamped my sentiment and tied it on the handle with my twine.  The example that I saw on the web used a large red cross sign, but my friend Denise let me use her cross punch from the punch pack which I mounted on a 3/4" circle of whisper white paper.  I used the Valentine holiday stamp on Avery labels and put them around Nugget Bars to add to the goodies.  I put two nugget bars in each purse and there is still room for more which surprised me.  I just loved how these purses came together.  I will definitely be making more of these for different occasions.

Well, it is still very cold and windy here.  I am definitely ready for spring!  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, these are so, so cute! With all the Valentine goodies you're making this little purse die is an ideal addition to your collection. I'm sure you're glad you have it now. Love how they're done up for nurses. These are going to bring some ooohs and ahhhs and big smiles!