Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Patriotic Cards & Jennifer at Disney

 I have made several Patriotic cards in the past for the 4th and ended making some more this year.  It was way too hot to go outside.  The temperatures have been out of control lately.  PA has broken 10 heat records already this month.  


I used my SU star embossing folder and layered it up on SU's Brilliant Blue CS.  I used SU's Sunshine Sayings & Wishes die set.               


I have so many sets of letters left over from the girls when were in school, so I used some for the USA on the cards.


For the inside sentiment, I used an old SU stamp from 2001 called God Bless America Special Edition that I found while I was cleaning out my stamps.  I knew I had it and couldn't find it so that started the clean out process in my craft room!!

Jeannie and Jennifer are down at Disney this hot week.  It was Jennifer's surprise for getting on the High Honor Role and Perfect Attendance this year in 5th Grade.  Rachel was suppose  to go with them, but unfortunately she came down with Covid the day before they were leaving!  They are keeping us posted with lots of pictures.  Here are a few:


This was watching the fireworks from a boat over at Epcot.




These were all taken at breakfast.  I love her smile! They are having such a great time!

When she was at the dinosaur exhibit, she was chosen out of the kids to name a new baby dinosaur - Yellow! 




Unfortunately, she can't go in the water, as a few weeks ago she broke the knuckle on her right pinky playing basketball and has a brace on it.  It's hard to see in the pictures as she is hiding it!!


It's  been on for 6 weeks, so hopefully when she go back to see the doctor next week it will come off before she goes to camp!  

I entered this card over at - Double D Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and stay cool!!


Nancy





4 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Great patriotic cards. The left-over letters came in handy. Also way to go Jennifer!!!
Have a great day!

Denise said...

I love your patriotic card! And the pictures of Jennifer too. So cute. Hope her finger is feeling better:).

Vicki said...

Wonderful star studded card! The star embossed background is perfect with that gorgeous red, white and blue flower. The "S" wrapped around that flower stem looks great. Hope Jennifer's finger is all healed. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Star" Challenge.

Judy Woodland said...

Your cards are amazing! I love the red, white and blue and the way you used them with the die cuts! Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT Designer