Friday, October 21, 2022

Witch Halloween Card

 Well, I got back to making some Halloween cards this week.  I made the background for these with the third stencils from the Halloween Bundle.


This is how the backgrounds looked after I stenciled them with my blending brushes.


It took me awhile to decide what color I wanted to use for the background.  I ended up using Gina K's Jellybean Green.  I had to experiment using different colors for the base of the candy corn and ended up using SU's Daffodil Delight.  For the other stencil pieces, I used Pumpkin Pie and White Craft inks from SU. 


I used Pumpkin Pie for the base cards and adhered the stencil layer next.  Then I used some spider webs I still had in my stash.  I used SU's Cauldron Bubble DSP to die cut the witch and cauldron and the stamp set for my sentiment.

Originally, I had a black wired ribbon on the card but wasn't sure if I liked it.  I asked Rachel when she stopped by and she agreed.  Fortunately, I was able to take them off the cards.  Leave it to my husband to ask why I had a web with no spider!!  Problem solved!  LOL!!


For the inside sentiment, I used SU's Howl-o-ween stamp set and some of the DSP.  I loved how these cards turned out using the old stamp sets.

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

3 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

background makes witch and webs look great...
Happy Halloween ...

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love these! So cute! That stenciled background is amazing. I never would have guessed it wasn't designer paper. Stencils have come a long way and they sure are a lot of fun!

bread&salt said...

I loved this halloween cards! Looks so cute and lovely. Really good job dear friend. Happy Halloween. Greetings.