Saturday, May 1, 2021

Black Magic Birthday Card

 As I mentioned, I had several birthday cards to make.  It seems like they always come as a group.  This card was made for my daughter.  I saw this cool technique over at Gina K's facebook live and decided to try it.  I guess it has been around for awhile but I never saw it.  I didn't have any waxed pencils so I got a small pack on Amazon.  After I got my pencils, my next problem was finding a stamp I could use.  You have to use a rubber stamp where the image is completely covered with the rubber so when it is stamped with your white pigment ink the colors will show up nice and bright.  It took me awhile, but I finally found a stamp that I had purchased from our local stamp show from Local King Rubber called Springtime.  One guess - it is pansies!!


I really enjoyed making this card and I loved this technique!  I used my primacolor pencils and cut down the black CS to fit inside a piece of Smokey Grey CS which I cut out with my Stitched Scallop Rectangle dies from Pink Fresh. I decided on this CS because I colored my saucer grey.  I then mounted it on Gorgeous Grape CS.  It took me awhile to decide about the greeting.  I couldn't find anything I liked until I pulled out my peel offs and came across this birthday greeting.  I thought the different color inks matched perfectly with the card.


For my inside, I used the negative piece of the die!  I thought it worked out really neat!  My sentiment was from Gina K's Wreath Building Stamp set and the flower was from my peel offs.  I will definitely do this technique again!  I don't color very well, so this was right up my alley!

We had such a nice dinner with Rachel last night to celebrate her birthday.  Jeannie and Jennifer went down to Lancaster this weekend so we have a house guest - Daisy!  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy




5 comments:

bread&salt said...

Birthday card is beautiful! Your daughter is really talented. Happy May!

Denise said...

Nancy your Magic card turned out great. I've never tried it but now I will. And as usual your pansies are gorgeous!

mamawcindy said...

Loving your card, Have never tried that technique. Love the purple!

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful image of colorful flowers.

excellent.

Leslie Miller said...

This turned out just beautiful. What a pretty stamp! I used to do this technique a long time ago. On SCS it was called Pencils over Ink. It's nice to have reminders like this now and then. You did a super nice job on this!