Thursday, June 11, 2020

Father's Day Card

I'm trying to get the rest of my Father's Day cards made.  My son-in-law loves his motorcycle so I decided to use SU's stamp set - One wild Ride.  I've made a few cards in the past with this set and decided to use it for his card. 


I cut a piece of Smokey Grey CS 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I cut my Basic Black CS 10" x 3 3/4" and scored it at 5" and adhered it on the Grey CS.  My layer of Whisper White measures 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I then embossed a piece of silver foil measuring 3 1/4" x 4 1/2 and adhered it on the layer. 

I fussy cut the motocycle and used some 3-D Lacquer and added some glitter and popped it up with some dimensionals.  Because of the foil I had a hard time taking a picture of it.  I used one of the sentiments in the set and tied on some black ribbon.


I used my Michael's stamp again for the inside sentiment and some left-over stars from my previous card.  Another quick and easy card, but I liked how it turned out.  I always struggle with cards for the guys.  But I know he will like it because of the motorcyle. 

It has been really hot and humid here for a couple days.  Here is how Jennifer is cooling off!


All the pools are still closed, but I think she is having more fun in the creek!  She was amazed seeing the little "fishes" she saw swimming around!  Her last day of school is tomorrow, so I am hoping for some sleep-overs!  Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy






4 comments:

dellgirl said...

Nancy, the Father's Day card is awesome! Your SIL is going to love, love, LOVE this...especially since he is into motorcycles. You really did a great job on this, as usual.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday night and a Happy Weekend! Stay Safe, dear friend!

mamawcindy said...

You did a Awesome job on the Fathers day card. Love how you cut out the motorcycle. It really looks great. He is going to love it.
Jennifer seems to be having a good time. Hope you get to do lots of sleep overs. We just got back from spending the weekend with our daughter and grandkids at a lake. We had a wonderful time. Hope you have a great week.

Leslie Miller said...

You've made the perfect Father's Day card for your son-in-law! It's so hard to photograph the mirror metallics. It either looks black or it looks like one big reflection. I would love to hang out where Jennifer is playing in the water! It may not be as fun for her as a pool full of kids, but it sure is beautiful. Wally and LuLu would love it!

TLady said...

OH YES!!! The motorcycle is PERFECT for Father's Day, & for a guy that LOVES motorcycles!(My hubby would like this too! We were JUST talking the other day & how it's better he NOT have a motorcycle at his age! LOL) The metallic paper makes it even MORE EYE CATCHING too! Your granddaughter looks like she is HAVING A BLAST in the creek! It IS MORE INTERESTING FOR SURE than a pool!!! AND BIG INKY HUGS DEAR LADY for your SWEET VISIT!!! I look forward to seeing some water coloring! ;)<3