Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Decorative Floral Photo Frame

I have been working on this project for a while.  It was definitely a labor of love!!  As you know from past projects, I have fallen in love with Heartfelt Creations stamps, dies and the rest of their products.  They also have online classes and lots of free videos on their facebook/blog.  A few months ago, they posted this project and of course I fell in love with it so I signed up for the class.  My daughter got married last June, and I was thinking about what to give them for their first aniversary and knew from the moment I saw this I wanted to make this for them.   Fortunately, I started early as it took me awhile.  They are having a small gathering this weekend to celebrate, so I made it with some time to spare. 


This is how it looks with a belly band keeping it closed.  It has a magnetic closure on the back which makes it nice and secure.


Here is a closeup of the belly band.   I decided to make red roses as that is one of her favorite flowers and some tiny pink cherry blossoms to go with them.


This is the back of the photo frame done in DSP and decorative dies colored with 3D Crystal Lacquer applied to them.  All my colors throughout the project are SU's Real Red and Blushing Bride.  It's hard to see, but I used hinges to adhered the two frame together.  Everything else are Heartfelt Creations products.


Here is a picture of what you see when you open up the frame.  I chose a picture of her and her husband on one side and the wedding party on the other side with Rachel, Joe, Margaret, Dave, Sarah and Dave's son Joey.  As you see, we have lots of Joe's!!  Each frame consists of two boxes with the pictures recessed.  I decided to use the cherry blossom flowers as they were tiny enough to place inside the first frames with some leaves. 

It did take me time to make everything, but I am thrilled with how it turned out and I hope they will like it as much as I do.  It's hard to believe that a year has gone by already.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




5 comments:

Denise said...

Stunning! I know Margaret and Dave will treasure it for ever. You did a beautiful job and I know it was definitely a labor of love. Absolutely beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. GOSH! I cannot believe my eyes! This is stunning and perfect and a real work of art. You have really found your creative spirit with Heartfelt. You should be VERY proud of your work on this project. I'm in awe!

mamawcindy said...

Oh my Nancy, It Is so beautiful. What a wonderful keepsake for your daughter. She is going to love it. Wonderful creation!!!
cindys-greencricut

TLady said...

HOW ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!Your daughter & her new hubby will LOVE THIS!!! Something to be TREASURED & DISPLAYED! WHAT A TREAT FOR THEM!!! "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" to them! You are a GOOD MOTHER to support her in her new life! AND one that will be appreciated by your new son-in-law too!!! BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! ;)<3

dellgirl said...

This Decorative Floral Photo Frame is absolutely beautiful, as usual. Margaret and Dave are going to LOVE this, I know I DO! You really did a great job on this, as always. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you all the best, dear friend!