Friday, July 12, 2019

Pansy Birthday Card

The rain the past 2 days gave me a chance to get into my craft room and play around with my Heartfelt Creations Burst of Spring set.  I made some boxes for Mother's Day using some of the DSP pansies, but this time I wanted to stamp, die cut and color my own pansies!  I saw this card on their website and decided to make it for my daughter's birthday next week.  I used SU's Sugarplum CS for my card base and Very Vanilla for my decorative layer.


The die that I used was called Regal Frame & Accent from Heartfelt Creations as well.  I just love it!  My greeting is from SU's Back to Basics stamp set embossed with Iridescent embossing powder.


I stamped and die cut my pansies in the same color using Crushed Curry for the center.  I also placed some yellow stamens in the center. I then added some Wink of Stella on the leaves.   For my first try, I think they turned out pretty good.  Practice makes perfect!


For my inside sentiment, I used one of the oval dies and a stamp from Gina K wreath stamp set.  I cut my CS at 7 1/2" and then scored it in half and cut my die out leaving a tiny piece open on the top to create the base card.  I plan on making myself an envelope for it.

I so enjoyed making this card.  I can see a lot of pansies in my future.  Have a great weekend. I have submitted this card to:

CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #93 Anything Goes.

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #237 - Dies or Punches

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

great idea...love the flowers attached on card....beautiful.

We experienced hot temperature as well....then rain.

# Have a nice weekend

crafty said...

Love the pansies and lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is so pretty and your pansies are gorgeous. Love It!!! We are suppose to get some rain later today. Planning on cleaning on my craft Room later. It looks like a tornado has went thru it. Hee! Hee!
cindys-greencricut