Thursday, July 25, 2019

Gingerbread Christmas Card

Happy Christmas in July!!  I have been wanting to start making Christmas cards but for one reason or another it did not happen.  With Christmas in July, I decided to pull out my Christmas stash and make some cards.  Now I know why I have been procrastinating!!  I don't have a lot of work space so pulling out my Christmas stash takes up a lot of space.  But I preserved and decided to make this cute gingerbread card I had seen over at CardzTV's website the other week.  She did hers with Cricut cartridges, but I used my SU gingerbread punch.


I used Very Vanilla CS for my base card and Real Red for my first layer.  Then I layered some Christmas DSP on top of that.


I then used my Spellbinders dies to cut out my ovals.  I punched out my little Gingerbread man in Crumb Cake and my sentiment is from the Lots of Joy SU stamp set with a few red jewels.


I adhered some of the DSP to the inside and decided not to add a sentiment, as I will probably write a message on the inside.


I even decorated the envelope and used up the rest of the DSP.  Joe thought they turned out really cute which was good enough for me.  He always has a comment when the UPS packages arrive but wants to see the end results!!



Our hydrangeas are still not blooming that good, but our Rose of Sharon tree is the best it has ever been.  I should have taken a picture of it before the bad storms we had lately, but it still has a lot of blooms.

I entered this post at CardzTV Challenge #94 - Anything Goes.


Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy








4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

gingerbread is one of my favorite figures...many kids love it.
merry Christmas, not in July off course… ...(smiling)

Leslie Miller said...

Hooray you for making a couple of Christmas cards, and they're so cute! Love the decorated inside and envelope flap, too. Gosh, your Rose of Sharon is gorgeous! My hydrangeas are having a good year after a few bad years. I don't know what the reason is. As always, I've seen the east coast weather on the news and it's been one crazy spring and summer!

Buba said...

Yes, I follow you on GFC, follow back?

https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

This is an adorable card, Nanny! Not being a card artist, I had to look up DSP :>), but your final result is certainly successful. Decorating the envelope flap is also a great idea--it increases the overall appeal of the design. I also enjoyed seeing your "free as a bird" thank you notes in the precious post, which I know your daughter and her new husband will just love using.