Sunday, July 21, 2019

Free as a Bird Thank You notes

Well, I hope everyone is surviving this hot weather.  It has been over 100 degrees here this weekend.  Very humid, nasty weather.  My daughter, her husband Dave, Rachel and Sarah were on a cruise this past week to Bermuda.  Everyone went on the Honeymoon!!  They came home this AM and were hoping to find some cooler temperatures.  They will have to wait until tomorrow when it is suppose to drop to 80 degrees.  She asked me if I would make her some thank you cards while she was gone.  I fell in love with one of SU's stamp sets called Free as a Bird.  She loves birds, so I thought I would make some out of the suite.  I saw so many tutorials on Youtube but decided on this one mainly because it would be quick and easy as I had a bunch to make.


I had some  SU note cards that I wanted to use, so this worked out great.  The note cards are 5" x 3 1/2".   I used the Whisper White ones.  I cut the DSP the same size and covered the front of the card using different patterns.  The suite came with this pretty white lace ribbon, which I tied around the left side of the card in a knot.


Here is a picture of some of the patterns.  I embossed the thank you sentiment in white on Basic Black CS and cut it out with the matching dies that came with the set.


This DSP is so pretty.  I popped up the sentiment at different places so I wouldn't cover up any of the birds.


These birds look so real. 


For my inside, I cut a corresponding piece of DSP  5" x 1/2".  I left the inside blank, so she would have some room to write her thank you.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  It's hard to believe that July is almost over.  I hope August goes much slower.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Such beautiful paper and I love how you dressed up the cards! Very pretty inside, too. No hot weather here, but we've been away camping in the high desert where it was pretty hot some days. Dry, though, and that really does make all the difference. I'm working on catching up with my blog visits this afternoon.

Tanza Erlambang said...

we experienced hot temperature too, F 105 degree.

Cards with colorful birds and branches look so wonderful....love it