Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Happy Birthday Card

I wanted to try out my new debossing folders on a birthday card.  I didn't have any of these and thought it would be neat to try them out.  I saw cards that used many different ways to color the debossing and decided to use my Party Pants stamp set.

  
Since I needed a card for a boy, I chose these colors - Lost Lagoon, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.     I stamped my balloon stamp in Lost Lagoon randomly across the debossing and then filled in with my Daffodil Delight ink.  I loved how it made the debossing showed up.  I used my  Butterfly Basics stamp set to stamp only the birthday sentiment of the stamp.  


I dressed it up with a star stamp and some sequins.  For the inside sentiment I used my stamp set Party with Cake.


I was really pleased how it turned out.  The other debossing folder says Celebrate, so I'll  try that next. Sunday I had a great time at the Craft Show in Allentown, PA.  I always enjoy doing some make n' takes, plus they picked my name for a door prize which is always nice.  Here is a picture of one of the cute make n' takes I did.






It was at the Melissa Francis booth.  I thought the tags were so cute.  I purchased extras so I could make some for Jennifer's friends at daycare.  The larger one is a picture I fell in love with and made to have on hand for a card.  They are both backed with chipboard, so are very sturdy.    I also decided to purchase her Glass Glitter.  I just loved how easy it was to work with.  I used her brand glue and sprinkled the glitter on and was impressed how it stayed on and I didn't have a mess on my hands or on the desk when I was finished.  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That big ol' HAPPY across the front of the balloons is so cool! I love the look, including how the paper crackled a little bit, giving it a slightly distressed look. Pretty tags, too. I'd love to color something like that.

PJ said...

Your card is super fantastic. Great job. Congrats on winning a door prize. That is so fun. Makes a gals day, as does that glitter, especially since it don't get everywhere. That's half the reason I don't use glitter as much, I have it all over the place and for days. oh the joy of paper crafting.