Sunday, August 21, 2016

Engagement Card

We had a lovely surprise to celebrate the past few weeks.  Rachel and Sarah's Mom got engaged for her birthday!  Everyone is so excited!!  So, of course I decided to make a card.  I saw this on Pinterest and decided to change it up a bit.


I used the embossing folder - Manhattan Flower - on Very Vanilla CS.  Then I did it again and cut out the actually flower.  I  then outlined the flower with a copper gel pen.  It was a bit of a challenge, but I went slow and I really liked how it turned out.

I decided I wanted to use my copper embossing powder for my sentiment.  Well, I was surprised when it turned out not the same copper color.  Soooo, I embossed another piece of CS and set it aside and took out some stamp pads I thought would match up.  Believe it or not Pumpkin Pie matched perfectly!  So, then I stamped my sentiment on the front with my Whimsical Words SU Stamp Set.  I love this set and have definitely got my money's worth.  I have used it so many times.  I then popped it up with dimensionals on the front of the card over the flower.  I had ordered some of the new Enamel Shapes in the Brights and was able to use the hearts.   Sometimes things do come together!  They loved the card and have asked me to make their wedding announcements and other things for the wedding - oh boy!  I think I will be busy!

This is the last week of summer vacation for the girls!  Yah!! for Joe and me!  Both will be in high school this year, so at least they will be on the same time frame!  Hope you have a great week - it is suppose to get a little cooler here, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


2 comments:

PJ said...

This is a dazzling card, spectacular work. Congrats on the engagement♥ and also on the fact that they want you to make their announcements for the wedding. That's an awesome compliment to you and the good work you do. So happy for you. Btw-Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left me on my blog and the ink link ☺ Have a great week.

Leslie Miller said...

A copper gel pen? It looks fantastic and, yes, the Pumpkin Pie is a perfect match! Love the enamel hearts, too. Congratulations on an upcoming wedding in the family! You'll be busy with those announcements and other things, but I know you'll come up with some great ideas. It's an honor to be asked!