Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cupcake Kiss Tent

We hope everyone had a great weekend.  Ours was pretty busy.  Joe's birthday was Friday, so we celebrated it on Sunday with family and friends over at Jennifer's house.  We had a great time.  My daughter just had a patio put outside, so we definitely initiated it!  Everyone cooked and brought something to eat, but I decided to make these adorable cupcake kiss tents that I had seen over at Brenda Quintana's website using the cupcake builder punch.

Since I was making a bunch of them, I started making the tents first.  I used a 12" x 12" chocolate chip CS from SU and I didn't have any waste.


Then I made the tops to the cupcake.  In her video she cut the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp in half, but I didn't want to do that so I used a stamp set I had with some sprinkles on it instead.  This is a great way to use up your leftover scraps.   I think they turned out cute.


Then I glued them together and put the kisses inside.  Of course, I had to eat some of the kisses to make sure they were fresh!!


To display them I put them on my little tier plates.  Everyone loved them and they looked so nice on the dessert table at my daughter's.


Some people took them home with them, but some just took out the candy and left the cupcake which is nice so I can reuse them.  Next birthday is Jennifer's in October, so she will be happy to see them again,  She liked taking out the kiss, eating it and then putting the paper foil back into the tent!!

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

3 comments:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

I love your little cupcake tents with the candy kisses! I saw your photo of them on SCS and wanted to see how you made them. Great idea!! TFS!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! Those little cupcake tents make the Kisses treats so cute, and they look especially fun displayed on the table. It sounds like a fabulous day!

PJ said...

Oh my goodness these are adorable!! you find the "sweetest" little projects to make. I am going to have to try this. I have a few Birthdays coming up, how delightful to give hugs and kisses in a paper cupcake. Love that Jennifer liked to put the paper foil back in the tent.. haha. .sounds like something my family would do too. I would have to be watched carefully while making these. I think one for the tent and one for me ☺ Just a wonderful project thank you for the link.