Sunday, May 31, 2015

Thinking of You Card

I wanted to make a card for a friend of ours who is going through some rough treatment.  I saw this card on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for him.  Mary Brown made this card and used the stamp set Gift Of Kindness.  Of course, I didn't have this set, so I pulled out my flower sets and came up with this.


Recipe:

Stamps - Fabulous Florets, Petite Petals - SU, Thinking of You stamp - Justrite
Ink - Stazon
Paper - Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Yellow Daffodil - SU
Accessories - Corner Rounder, Petite Petals Punches - SU, Rhinestones

My base card was an A2 size with my first layer 5 1/4" x 4".  My Whisper White layer measured 3" x 4 1/2".  I stamped my leaf first and then cut it in half and then cut each half in different sizes.  I stamped my flowers out and then cut them out my hand.  Then I punched out some with my Petal punch.  I stamped my sentiment on the side and rounded all the corners of the CS on the lower right end.  I glued my Whisper White pieces on and then placed my flowers on popping them up with dimensionals.  This is such a versatile card.  You could use it for many occasions and with many color combinations.

My daughter and Rachel went to a farm yesterday with Jennifer and her Mom.  Jennifer loves seeing all the animals.  While they were there they got these cute little lip balms.



If course, my is the pansy and Rachel got the lady bug which also acts as a key chain!  So cute!!  A summer thunderstorm just went through and gave us a lot of rain which we certainly can use.  Seven days left of school and summer begins!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful card! I love the layout. Very creative. Those are the cutest little lip balms, too. I'd never want to part with the containers!