Saturday, May 9, 2015

Kisses Jar from Jennifer

I had this idea in my head for awhile after seeing a bunch of mason jars decorated for different holidays.  With so much going on, I didn't know if I would get it done in time for Jennifer to give her Mama on Mother's Day but I just finished it.


I took a small mason jar and covered the lid with DSP and glued it to the rim so it would stay together when it was opened.  Then I adhered a piece of the same DSP around the middle of the jar.  For the front I glued on some gold letters spelling out "Mama" and popped up some flowers I had for decoration,


For the back I glued on more gold letters spelling out "Love".  I then filled up the jar with some chocolate kisses.


To finish it off, I tied a ribbon around the neck of the jar and used my Chalk Talk die cut for the tag.  I used my computer to type out:

Here's lots of Kisses from
Me when you need one.
Happy Mother's Day 
I Love You!
Jennifer 2015

I inked around the tag and tied it on the bow with some twine.  I just love how it turned out.  It has been a rough week around here with Jennifer going to Day Care.  Lots of tears, so I thought my daughter would like to put this on her desk at work.  The only other thing I wanted to do with it was have Jennifer's hand print on another tag as well, but with her in Day Care I didn't have an opportunity to get it done.  We are all going to her house for Mother's Day, so I think I will take my paint along with me and try and get it done to add on later.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah





3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, that's so cute and sweet! Mason jars make such perfect vessels for things like this. I love all the purple you used. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!

laurie said...

This is SO sweet! What a fun idea!

laurie said...

This is SO sweet! What a fun idea!