Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine Fringed Pencils

I saw these cute pencils being made over at Chic"n Scratch's website the other week and knew I wanted to make some.  I had just ordered SU's fringed scissors so the timing was perfect. 
 
 
I decided to put them in a jar and use them as my centerpiece for my goodies that I'm sending to the Wellness Center.  The only thing that I did different from her video is that after I scored the DSP, I applied my score tape and then cut up to it.  It made the process so easy.  The tape is your marker and doesn't allow you to go any farther.  I'm going to give some for the girls to have and give their friends, so I think I'll be making some more of them before Friday.
 
 
 
Here's a picture of what the washi tape looks like attached to the fringe.  I used the same tape that I did for the heart tins.
 
 
 
Here's a picture of what the pencil looks like after I spread out the fringes so you can see the eraser.  I have to say that these pencils are great.  When I went to get these at Staples, I got the last package on the shelf.  When I went to check out the clerk asked if there was something special going on with these pencils, as there had been a run on them.  She laughed when I told her why I was buying them.  These stores should give these bloggers a discount on their supplies, as I think they're helping them sell out their stock!
 
We had about 2" of snow yesterday which wasn't so bad.  Joe has the snowmobiles out and is having some fun!  More is expected during the week, so I hope it doesn't screw up every one's plans for Valentine's Day.
 
Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Honestly, these are darling! I love how they all look in the jar together. Little things like this set about here and there really perk the place up and with the heart goodies it will be a wonderful treat! They'll love them at the Wellness Center!